Our goal is to promote healthy individuals and resilient communities by providing integrated healthcare services in a compassionate, strengths-based approach. We strive is to provide innovative care to the people we serve through on-going education about the relationships between challenging life experiences, substance use, and mental illness.
Palouse River Counseling provides holistic outpatient behavioral healthcare for the benefit of the people of the Palouse. These services include assessments and treatment for mental health, substance use, and psychiatric care. Clinically and culturally appropriate trauma-informed services are the hallmark of how we approach our work with clients, staff, the community, and allied providers.
- Welcoming - to everyone.
- Non-judgmental - remaining open minded, challenging ourselves and others to embrace our differences
- Caring - about the people we serve, each other, our connection to the community and our world
- Effective - honest communication, high quality services and interventions, collaboration within our services and others outside our agency
- Flexible - tailoring services to meet an individual’s needs
- Timely - communication, decision making
- Autonomy - promoting an individual’s ability to act on their own behalf
- Humility - respecting each person’s unique culture. We appreciate the value that can be gained from collective wisdom and are able to acknowledge when we are wrong.
- Adaptability - recognizing that as times change, so must we; working with the resources available and creating realistic and achievable solutions when ideal ones are not accessible
- Intentionality - ensuring that staff can provide best-practice services and continue to address the changing needs of our community