What is WISe?
Wraparound with Intensive Services (WISe) provides intensive mental health services to support your child and help your family to reach their goals. It is a voluntary service that uses a wraparound team approach to meet your child’s needs in their home, school, and community.
Who is eligible?
All persons under the age of 21 who:
- Meet or would meet the State of Washington’s Title XIX Medicaid financial eligibility criteria
- Have a mental illness or condition
- Have a functional impairment, which substantially interferes with or substantially limits the ability to function in the family, school or community setting
- For whom intensive mental health services provided in the home and community based would address or ameliorate a mental illness or condition
To Make a Referral in Whitman County?
There are two ways to make a referral:
- Call Palouse River Counseling (509-334-1133) if you think you may be eligible for WISe or if you have a referral and a WISe Team member will return your call. An intake evaluation will be scheduled and a Child Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) will be completed. If the CANS determines your child meets the requirements for the WISe level of care, a WISe Coordinator will contact you and explain the details/expectations of the program and answer any questions you may have.
- Or call Palouse River Counseling and simply request a WISe CANS screening without an intake.